WELCOME TO INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC 2019-2020
CALENDAR & EVENT REMINDERS
- 2019-2020 Instrumental Music Calendar–click here
- Saturday, August 10, 12-3:30pm—Welcome Back BBQ
- Monday, September 23, 6:00pm—POPS Potluck & Concert
- Thursday, November 7, 7:30pm–Fall Concert (All)
- Tuesday, January 14, 7:00pm–Moraga Area Band Concert (SB)
- Thursday, January 16, 7:00pm–Moraga Area Orchestra Concert (O, SB, J)
- Tuesday, January 28, 7:00pm–Chamber Concert (All)
- Thursday, January 30, 6:00pm–Open House (J)
- Thursday, February 6, 7:30pm–Winter Concert (CB, SB, O)
- Saturday, February 8, 6-10pm–Jazz Dinner Dance at MCC (J)
- Thursday, April 30, 7:30pm–Spring Concert 1 (O, J)
- Friday, May 1, 7:30pm–Spring Concert 2 (CB,SB)
- Friday, May 8, 6:00pm–Jazz Cafe (J)
CONCERT ATTIRE REQUIREMENTS & DEADLINES
- For all formal concert attire requirements click here.
- Freshman Students and Students new to Campolindo HS this Fall – Order your Concert Attire at Cougar Day, Aug. 12, from 11am-2pm.
- Black Concert Dresses, the Tunic/Pants Combo, and Tuxedo measurements will be taken at the Instrumental Music Table on Cougar Day, August 12th from 11am-2pm. Please bring a check to Cougar Day, payable to “Tuxedos To Go, Inc.”
Music Boosters Donation Form
If you haven’t made your donation yet through the Webstore
, or prefer to write a check, please print and complete the Donation Form
. Drop off completed form with your check on Cougar Day at the Music Boosters table.
- Katie Ye (Orchestra)
- Russell Bradley (Band)
Freshman Band Representative will be chosen when school starts.
Co-Presidents Denise Nomura & Stacy Giglio
Vice President(s) Amy Kikugawa
Concert Attire Tina Donovan
Welcome Back BBQ Laura Money Smyrl & Cynthia Manji
POPS Potluck Amy Kikugawa & Laura Money Smyrl
Homecoming Snack Shack Michelle Clancy & Ellen Cho
Hospitality (Band) Cheryl Evans, Jari Hazard & Reena Malhotra
Hospitality (Orchestra) Kim Sutherland & OPEN
Jazz Dinner Dance Shelly Muray, Stacy Giglio & Tina Donovan
Senior Gifts Claudia Miyar & Ellen Cho
Publicity Siv Ricketts
Webmaster & Email Nanci Thomas
Newsletter Layout Tina Riepe
Photography Vadim Mikulinsky
Treasurer Bill Doherty
Advisor Maestro Johnny Johnson, Director
Join Campolindo Instrumental Music Boosters for their Spring Concert at the Campolindo Performing Arts Center on Friday, May 10, 2019 at 7pm. This will be the final concert for orchestra and band, and we’re saying farewell to our Seniors.
Congratulations to the following students for securing a position in the 2019 Contra Costa County Honor Band:
- Carissa Z., flute (senior) – FIRST CHAIR!
- Andrew T., clarinet (senior)
- Justin X., clarinet (sophomore)
- Emily M. clarinet (junior)
- Corbin S., trumpet (sophomore)
- Amrita M., french horn (freshman) – FIRST CHAIR!
- Michael E., french horn (junior)
- Connor J., trombone (sophomore)
- Russell B., euphonium (junior) – FIRST CHAIR!
- Adriana D., tuba (senior) – FIRST CHAIR!
We’re so proud of these students! They represented Campo very well, both in the audition and in the first rehearsal. We’re also very proud of the other eight students who put themselves out there and auditioned but didn’t quite cross the threshold for participation this year. The competition was fierce in many of the sections.
The CCC Honor Band will perform at the San Ramon Valley High School Performing Arts Center on Saturday, February 2, 2019 at 7:30pm (doors open at 7pm).
All performances held in the Campolindo Performance Arts Center (CPAC), unless noted otherwise.
- Winter Orchestra Concert – Wednesday, February 13, 2019 – 7:30-9pm
- Winter Band Concert – Thursday, February 21, 2019 – 7:30-9pm