Dear Campolindo Musician:
Welcome to the new academic year! I hope your summer has been relaxing, reenergizing and productive. It is the time of the year for you to prepare for
our work together in the Fall. Read more …
Here is Kevin Goto’s link to photos
from the Spring Concert. This also includes the Senior group pictures.
Parents of Seniors – if you would like to stay informed about next year’s concerts, please contact Chitra Suri so we can keep you on the Boosters mailing list.
Wishing you all a wonderful summer ahead!
Please mark your calendar for the Instrumental Music Program’s final concert of the year this Friday, May 16th, 7:30 – 10:00 pm. in the CPAC. All groups – Concert Band, Symphonic Band, Orchestra and Jazz Bands – will be performing. It will be a fantastic evening of music! Click here to view the concert flyer.
There will be a post-concert reception in the lobby. Dessert donations will be greatly appreciated and may be dropped off in the lobby starting at 6:30 P.M.
Thank you for your support!
Our Jazz ensembles have been invited to participate in the Stanley Jazz Cafe program this year, to be held on Friday, June 6. It should be a wonderfully relaxing evening – and a great way to kick off the beginning of summer!
As you know, we have a large Boosters Board and many of our positions cover one specific event. I am thrilled to inform you that Sonja Schoenwald has agreed to be the next President!
About half of the current Board members will be staying on, providing valuable continuity and some positions have been filled in already by new members. The following positions are open for next year:
- VP – learn the ropes, take Minutes at the annual meeting in July/Aug, help the President when needed, be the President the following year
- Welcome Back BBQ – in Aug/early Sep. Organized by student music council but managed by a Booster member
- POPS Potluck – Organize helpers, buy cutlery/bread/water etc., set-up, host, clean-up
- Post-concert reception (Hospitality) – Need 4 parents – 2 each from Band and Orchestra – decorate tables, host, clean-up
- Publicity – Prepare flyers for each concert (concert details provided by Mr. Johnson), send flyers to other area schools/newspapers etc.
- Newsletter layout – Layout with pictures three newsletters per year. (Content provided by Mr. Johnson (“From the Podium”), the President, and the Photographer). Make hard copies at school.
Please contact Chitra Suri (310-4252; chitrasuri AT hotmail DOT com) or contact the current Board member if you have any questions about a position. Some of these may sound overwhelming but they are all doable and fun! Nothing is new. Every event has been planned out and just needs a parent to make sure it actually happens. Campolindo prides itself on a strong music community – let’s keep that tradition alive and help Sonja fulfill her obligations next year with a fully engaged Board alongside her!
Thank you very much for your support!